The historic Buxton & Landstreet Building, built in 1901, was originally the company store for the Davis Coal and Coke Co. Today, the Buxton & Landstreet is home to two galleries, private and public artist studios, and the Vandalia Center for the Arts. In the spring and summer resident artists present a variety of classes in the public studios. Our public studios have equipment and supplies for textile work, stained glass, ceramics, jewelry making, painting, drawing, book binding, printmaking, and papermaking. The Buxton & Landstreet is also available for event rentals and community meetings.
Find out more about Buxton & Landstreet here: